Request an appointment
At Alfred Imaging we offer comprehensive diagnostic interventional services performed by highly skilled tertiary hospital trained Radiologists.
Interventional Radiology services available at Alfred Imaging include:
- Joint Injections – a steroid and local anaesthetic is injected into a sore joint for pain relief
- Nerve Blocks – a steroid and local anaesthetic is injected next to certain nerve groups for pain relief
- Biopsies – tissue samples are taken and sent to pathology for diagnosis
- Drainages – excess fluid that should not be present is drained from the body
- Vascular access lines and port placement – for example, a PICC line, to administer medications
Our interventional radiology specialists use imaging guidance to ensure precise needle placement for all procedures.
As a general rule, due to necessary planning, an appointment is required for interventional procedures. A referral from a medial practitioner is necessary for all types of interventional radiology.
Interventional procedures require preparation and after-care. At Alfred Imaging specific instructions will be given when you book your appointment and at the time of your consultation with your attending interventional Radiologist.